LocationWHIST 2011 will be held in Salon D of the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
Please see this map for the exact location.
|Saturday, June 4|
|10:30||Morning Paper Session|
|1:30||Afternoon Paper Session|
Saturday, June 4
Keynote: Jeffrey HollingsworthFrom Paradyn to Dyninst to *API and beyond
Chair: Nathan Tallent
Chair: Dorian Arnold
Morning Paper Session
Chair: Sriram Krishnamoorthy
Afternoon Paper Session
Chair: Todd Gamblin
Panel DiscussionTopic: Future directions for performance tools
- Martin Schulz, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Dorian Arnold, University of New Mexico
- David Richards, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Nathan Tallent, Rice University
- What are tools already doing well?
What lessons are there to learn from existing tools, and what techniques should now be reduced to practice? What are the barriers keeping tool developers from reusing each others' tools and techniques?
- What are current tools doing poorly, and how will tools provide insight
into exascale applications?
Is the data provided by current performance tools relevant or understandable to developers? How can we tie performance data to application models, and how can we present fewer measurements and more insight?
With millions/billions of hierarchical tasks, what will have to change? We already have problems with hundreds of thousands of tasks. What can we learn from the applications, and do exascale tools need co-design too?